A headgate keeps your cattle in place while you administer medication or tag them. The device allows the animal to push their head through the cattle head gate, but not past its shoulders. And it does this without hurting the cow, even as they move around.
Fed up with using a frustrating and outdated headgate? Older models operated with a pivot system that used steel friction to hold animals in place; you’d have to fight with stubborn animals and constantly adjust your headgate.
You’re looking for a self-catching headgate to minimize stress on you and your cattle. With the Real Industries Automatic Self-Catching Headgate, these frustrations are a thing of the past.
A few advantages of our self-catching headgates include:
- As the name states, the animals catch themselves! There’s no need for someone to manually catch each animal all day.
- You won’t need to worry about hip locking or missing an animal when a wild animal comes through the system.
Our design creates the easiest-to-use headgate to date. Spend more time working with your animal and less time fussing with your headgate when you use our self-catching models.
Catching and releasing cattle will be a breeze, even with the most stubborn animals. With the vertical lifting catch plate mounted on roller bearings, you’ll enjoy a smooth catch and release system that’s easy to adjust.
Importance of Livestock Headgates
Why do you need a headgate? You can use them to:
- Administer medication.
- Check on the well-being of your animal.
- Aid with vet visits.
- Vaccinate your cattle.
- Dehorn calves.
- Insert a nose ring.
- Tag cattle.
Automatic Vs. Manual Headgates?
It’s an age-old debate: Should you invest in an automatic or manual headgate?
Manual headgates have several drawbacks. For one, they’re trickier to set up and get the hang of. On top of that, they’re not as easy to operate as a self-catching model.
At Real Industries, we carry Automatic Self-Catching Headgates. They’re designed for seamless operation and ease of use.
A few key features of our Self-Catching Headgates include:
- Adjustable opening. The self-catch headgate can be adjusted from a 9.25” opening down to a 4.25” opening.
- Automatic return feature. The headgate will reset itself automatically for the next animal.
- Optional neck extender. Add an additional set of bars in front of the headgate to limit your cattle’s movement. The bars are easily adjusted; you can swing them out of the way when you’re loading up smaller cattle.
When To Use
When might you need a self-catch headgate? Anytime you need to schedule a vet check-up for your cattle, a headgate will come in handy. It will keep your animal in place without causing pain or stress.
Get a Quote on a Self-Catching Headgate Today!
With a Self-Catching Headgate, you can manage your livestock in a safe, effective, and affordable way. It’s a low-stress and humane way to handle your cattle.
At Real Industries, we provide high-quality livestock handling equipment for farms just like yours. We’re a family-owned business with over 45 years of experience. If you’re interested in purchasing an Automatic Self-Catching Headgate, contact us today!